AltaBioscience now stocks nucleic acid lateral flow immunoassays (NALFIA), called PCRD, which can be used as an alternative to using DNA agarose gel electrophoresis. Only taking 10 minutes to detect the successful amplification of target DNA sequences, PCRD is the choice for busy laboratories requiring fast results for DNA amplification exercises.
PCRD Nucleic acid lateral flow assays are qualitative rapid assays designed to detect amplicons labelled with DIG/Biotin and/or FITC (or FAM)/Biotin, with the addition of a control line. This simple method of amplicon is a rapid, safe and sensitive alternative to ethidium bromide staining of agarose gels.
The advantages of PCRD are as follows:
- Rapid alternative to agarose gels – Results in 10 minutes
- Safe to use – avoids use of intercalating dye and UV light
- No special chemistry or equipment required
- Easy to use with high sensitivity
- Many strips can be run simultaneously
If you would like any more information or a quote, please do not hesitate to contact our technical team:
+44 (0)1527 584495
+44 (0)7866 784757