Peptide synthesis services with AltaBioscience
Known globally for providing world-class peptide synthesis service for almost 50 years, we draw on our long history of success to support our clients with all their synthesis requirements, no matter the complexity of their project.
Certified to ISO 9001 and based in the UK, our scientists are fully committed to provide high-quality peptides and professional support to ensure the successful and timely completion of your project so that you can meet and surpass your research goals.
Why work with us?
“Lead time is predictable and reliable, as always. The peptide works very well in our assay.”
Principal research scientist from a global, science-based agtech company operating in 90 countries.
Having provided a peptide synthesis service for almost five decades to academic scientists, small and large biotech globally and manufacturers of diagnostic kits, our clients trust us with all their peptide synthesis requirements because of our
High technical expertise
Our expertise gained from working on challenging projects and our route scouting ability enable us to successfully provide high-quality peptides to your specifications within industry-leading times.
Flexibility around bespoke projects
Whether you simply want to change the counter-ion or are looking to do something more challenging, our scientists are always available to discuss your needs and run pilot studies to evaluate the feasibility before scaling up.
Utmost commitment to quality
We understand the importance of having high-quality peptides with low batch-to-batch variability for consistency and reproducibility of the results in your studies. This starts from selecting high-quality starting materials right through to how our peptides are purified. We use HPLC C18 column whereby all the peptide product is passed through the column to ensure truncated peptides, scavenger reagents from the cleavage process and all other by-products are removed.
Comprehensive synthesis and analytical services
We also offer additional options for peptide identification:
- Amino acid analysis to determine the net peptide content of synthesised peptides.
This service is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025.
- N-terminal Edman protein sequencing service, also accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, provides the order of the amino acids in the peptide sequence.
“The team at AltaBioscience were incredible to work with – in dealing with them, they were always pleasant, very efficient and continuously provided updates. Their services were speedy, of good quality, and the team included tons of useful information.”
Mary T., The Institute of Microbiology and Infection, University of Birmingham
Details of our peptide synthesis service
- Our synthesis capabilities include trimers up to peptide lengths of >99 amino acids (sequence dependent) of various complexity, from 1 mg to multigram amounts and with a choice of purity depending on the required application.
- We offer a premium service, starting with a consultation. Our scientists will provide professional advice and support throughout the project and beyond.
- We have a track record for successfully synthesising:
- Modified peptides (e.g., incorporation of D-amino acids, unnatural amino acids, phosphorylated peptides, amino acid analogues, spacers)
- Structurally constrained peptides (e.g., head-to-tail cyclisation, disulfide bridged peptides, stapled peptides)
- Peptide antigens for antibody generation (e.g., MAPs peptides with reusable affinity columns suitable for serum purification, BSA conjugated peptides)
- DNA oligo-peptide conjugates
- Peptides with fluorescent tags incorporated at both C and N termini
- Peptide libraries & microarrays
- We are ISO 9001 certified and have a focus on quality, reliability and fast turnaround. All our purified peptides undergo purification by HPLC and QC with HPLC and mass spectrometry. A certificate of analysis will be provided stating the quantity, molecular weight and purity of each purified peptide.
- Our peptides are produced in our UK-based laboratory. We offer a fast turnaround time and ship in the UK and worldwide via fast and reliable shipping services so that you can always pursue your research seamlessly.
Get in touch
Talk to our chemists to discuss your requirements, or to request a copy of our technical brochure:
Get more information
If you’d just like some more information on our peptide synthesis services, you can request a copy of our technical document.
Written by our expert technical staff, it provides information on the synthesis technique and provides useful information on custom peptide options, including the following:
- The benefits of using AltaBioscience and information about what you can expect to receive
- Information about peptide synthesis options and applications
- A breakdown of methodology used
- Useful tips for successful peptide synthesis
- What to consider when choosing peptide immunogen for antibody generation
- Guidelines on how to store and dissolve peptides