AltaBioscience is committed to processing personal information about our customers in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear with our customers about what we do with their personal information. Key points of our privacy statement are:
- We do not sell your data to third parties
- We do make it easy for you to manage your information; you can change your communication preferences at any time
- We do use data to help us provide great customer service, which includes tailoring the information we share with you to help ensure that it’s relevant, useful and timely
We will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us or which we collect from you.
Your personal information is always treated as confidential. It is never released to others unless required to do so by law. In such an event,
AltaBioscience will inform the customer.
In this statement ‘You’ shall refer to visitors to our website and customers of AltaBioscience.
1. The information we collect
Personal information is collected in order to provide quotations, process orders and communicate information to you.
We collect a range of personal information relating to you, including your:
- email address
- delivery and invoice address
- telephone number
- area of interest
- information as required for payments (we do not hold credit card information)
- any other personal information that you choose to provide to us when you complete our online contact forms or otherwise make contact with us.
2. How we use your information
We use your personal information as follows:
- to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer;
- to process orders and provide agreed goods and services to you;
- for invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance;
- to communicate with you, including to respond to information requests /enquiries submitted and/or to obtain your feedback on our products and services;
- for record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting and research purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to decide on and notify you about price changes;
- to monitor the quality of our products and services;
- to investigate any complaint you make;
- to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
- as we may otherwise consider necessary to support the operation of our websites
- to obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and risk management purposes; and
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of AltaBioscience, its personnel and others.
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our products and services by phone and post, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have provided to us.
We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email or SMS:
- where you have consented to this; or
- where you have not objected to this, and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you choose not to consent, your visit to and use of our website will not be affected.
You can choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time, through the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any AltaBioscience email you receive or by contacting our admin team.
by email – email@example.com
by telephone – +44(0)1527 584495
3. Automated decision making/profiling
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies” to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for AltaBioscience.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information.
We use technology provided by the credit reference agency Experian (“CRA”) that processes personal information that you provide to us, in order to analyse your creditworthiness, which helps us to decide if we are able to offer you an account, through which you can purchase products and services from AltaBioscience, by phone, email or online. We will also continue to exchange information about you with the CRA on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share this information with other organisations, which may use it to make decisions on future applications for credit.
Experian provides a Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (“CRAIN”) with further information about how it uses and shares personal information that it receives about you and/or your business, which is available to review at this link: www.experian.co.uk/crain/index
If you pass our credit checks, and our other account opening criteria (details of which will be made available to you during the account opening process) you will be entitled to open an account with us and order any of our products and services in accordance with our Conditions of Sale. If you do not pass our credit checks you will not be able to set up an account but you may still be entitled to order our products or services (in accordance with our Conditions of Sale) at our discretion, by making payment upfront.
4. Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on to process your personal information, these are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent: for direct marketing communications in respect of our own products and services, including in respect of marketing communications sent by electronic means (e.g. email);
- for the performance of a contract with you (such as a contract for the provision of good and services) or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract;
- to comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety legislation, performing anti- money laundering, terrorism prevention and sanctions screening checks, complaints and investigations or litigation;
or for our legitimate interests in:
- management of your account (including processing payments) and our relationship with you and communicating with you
- operating our website
- sending direct marketing in respect of our own products and services where you have not provided your consent and the marketing communication is sent by non-electronic means (e.g. post or telephone); processing orders and supplying our products and services; and
our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our products and services, investigating and responding to queries and complaints, obtaining credit references and credit checks, providing payment performance data to credit reference agencies, changing our pricing, debt collection, fraud detection and prevention, risk management and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others). You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How we share your personal information
When we use your personal information for the purposes specified above, we may share your personal information with:
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in the interests of public health and safety; or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of AltaBioscience, its employees or others;
- investors and other relevant third parties in in the event of an actual or potential sale or other corporate transaction related to Alta Bioscience Limited;
- any other third parties, if authorised by you to do so.
The performance of services by our third party service provider(s) may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by the relevant third party. You should read any such statement carefully.
6. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- compliance with our quality systems for retention of data for order processing (currently 10 years)
- (potential) disputes, and;
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
7. Website Disclaimers
Links to third party websites
Our Websites contain links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites‘ use of any personal information.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, including Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL“ or “Secure Socket Layer“ technology) to encode personal information that you send to us through our website. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that‘s transferred over the SSL connection. To check that you are in a secure area of the website before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
Because the receipt of information on the Internet is highly dependent upon factors such as the user’s computer, browser and operating system etc., information may be received incorrectly. AltaBioscience does not warrant or guarantee that the information contained on the website is error free. If you find an error please notify us.
8. Your rights
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we’re processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Statement) about how it is used.
This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal information in accordance with data protection law.
We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person‘s rights.
- The right to rectification
You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it’s inaccurate or incomplete
The right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
- The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by AltaBioscience. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override [your] interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Updating this statement
We review our privacy practices from time to time.
- Contact us
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a complaint please contact our admin team via email email@example.com or by telephone +44(0)1527 584495
Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you require us to take and why you believe this action should be taken.
Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not in a position to identify you, we may refuse to action your request.
We will generally respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. We can extend this period by an additional two months if this is necessary taking into account the complexity and number of requests that you have submitted.
Alta Bioscience Ltd
37, Walkers Road, Redditch,
B98 9HE United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1527 584495